This Week We Are Learning (2/13/17):
Reading- This week we will focus on the following Target Skills: blending and segmenting phonemes, pausing for punctuation, identifying antonyms, cause and effect, identifying the sequence of events, and past tense verbs. We will also be working to identify the letter Dd and its corresponding phoneme--/d/. The high frequency words are: “go, for, here, they, soon, and up” (Please continue to practice reading and identifying all of our High Frequency Words at home.)
Religion- In this chapter the children will learn that we are members of the Church, the Family of God. We will also discuss Ash Wednesday and Lent.
Math- We will begin Topic 9: Count Numbers to 20. The children will learn to count, read, and write numbers 11- 20.
Social Studies- We will wrap up our Presidents and American Symbols unit this week.
Science- We will continue to explore healthy habits to keep our teeth in good shape.
FROM THE TEACHER’S DESK:
2/3 First Friday Mass
11:30 Early Dismissal
Ice Skating (1:00-2:30)
Free Movie Night (6:45 pm Parish Center)
2/10 Family Book Wingo Night (6:30-9:00)
2/14 School Assembly: The Power of One
Valentine's Day Party
2/20-24 Winter Recess
2/28 Casual Dress Day
Mardi Gras Celebration (6:00-8:00 pm)
3/1 Ash Wednesday- Lent Begins
3/2 Dr. Seuss’ Birthday
3/3 11:30 Early Dismissal
First Friday Mass (Please bring in rice) 8:30 Parent’ Night Out 8-9pm
3/10 Wingo Night 7-9pm
3/18 Father/Daughter Dance 6:00-10:00pm
3/17 St. Patrick’s Day
3/23 School Closed- Professional
3/24 11:30 Early Dismissal Parent/Teacher Conferences 12:30-5:30
3/29 Parents Association Meeting 7-8:30pm
3/31 Casual Dress Day
We go outside each day, so please dress your child accordingly. If it is chilly, please send a jacket with your child.
Keep Working On. . .
· Counting to 100
· Identifying numerals 0-30 (in order and out of sequence)
· Writing numbers correctly
· Identifying letters and their sounds (Please practice this skill at home with your child. The children must be familiar with all letters, as well as the sounds they make.)
· Reading and writing sight words
· Rhyming words
· Forming letters correctly
· Using beginning and ending sounds of words
· Using spacing between words in a sentence
· Starting sentences with a capital letter
· Ending sentences with a period
Science and Social Studies
· Discussing terms used in the topics we are covering
· Reciting the Our Father and Hail Mary
· Making the Sign of the Cross
· Practicing tying shoes and zipping jackets